Set design by Bronwyn Bent for Opportune Production's 'Oleanna' at the Musgrove Studio.
The Musgrove Studio is a black box theatre with fixed seating for 104. It is an intimate, versatile and easily managed performance space. Air-conditioned with clear views of the stage from every seat, it has a bright and lively acoustic.
The Musgrove Studio is ideally suited for smaller theatre productions but has also proved successful for contemporary dance performances. Studio clients include the NZ International Comedy Festival, Atamira Dance Collective, Stage Two Productions (the resident University of Auckland drama club) and various independent production companies.
Flat access is available in the Musgrove Studio with provision for wheelchairs.
NB: the Campus Store operates from the Studio foyer selling University of Auckland merchandise between 10am-2pm, Mon-Fri during term time only. By night (and during matinees) the space operates as the Musgrove Studio foyer.
The floor-level stage can be dressed with or without curtains. Black brick walls surround the stage area.
Stage floor area 6m x 11m
Height to grid 6m
Height to lighting gallery 4.5m
9 x rostra 2400mm(l) x 1200mm(w) x 300mm(h)
Black tabs to wrap around stage under lighting gallery
Please note: you cannot bring imported/non-venue lights into the Musgrove Studio without the Technical Manager’s approval. Contact our Technical Manager.
|Selecon 7" Fresnel||1200W||18 units|
|Selecon 7" PC||1200W||6 units|
|Selecon Pacific 23-50°||1000W||6 units|
|Parcan (medium)||1000W||6 units|
|Selecon Acclaim PC||650W||10 units|
|Selecon PC (old style)||650W||6 units|
|Selecon ZS 24-40°||650W||4 units|
|Selecon ZS Condenser 12-28°||1200W||6 units|
|Selecon ZS Condenser 28-52°||1200W||4 units|
|Selecon ZS Ellipsoid 16-32°||1200W||6 units|
|Philips Selecon SPX 36° Fixed Beam Profile||800W||6 units|
|Strobe with DMX variable speed/intensity (subject to availability) UV lights (subject to availability)|
- Strand 520 Series console with 24 submasters.
- 96X 2.4Kw dimmers. Saturation dimming, outlet locations as marked on plan.
- 14 channel (6 mic) Mackie mixing desk
- 16 channel Presonus digital mixing desk (subject to availability)
- Quest QSA300 x2
- Sony CD player x2
Microphones (subject to availability)
- Shure SM58 Beta x4
- Shure SM57 Beta x4
- Shure SM58 x4
- Shure SM57 x3
- Sennheiser handheld radio mic x2
- Sennheiser lapel radio mic x2
- Countryman Assoc. lectern microphone x2
- Le Maitre Speed Fogger smoke machine
- Le Maitre Neutron Star haze machine
- Mirror ball & rotator (subject to availability)
- Video projector & screen 7.5” x 10”
- Yamaha baby grand piano - can be relocated to the Studio if required
- In-house intercom system between backstage and control
- CCTV backstage
If we do not have the equipment you need our technicians can source it for you.