Theatre hire and services
As well as performance space and ticketing we also provide skilled theatre technicians, excellent equipment, front of house management, catering and bar services.
Set design by Robin Rawstorne for Auckland Theatre Company’s production of ‘Blackbird’ at the Maidment Theatre.
We will consider expressions of interest for theatre bookings up to two years in advance. Pending availability and suitability an estimate and hire agreement will be prepared based on the requirements of your production. Your booking is confirmed once we receive your signed agreement and deposit. You may also be required to attend an on-site production meeting.
NB: Liability Insurance
The University of Auckland carries Public Liability Insurance. However the company/group or individuals hiring the theatre should also carry a current policy of Third Party Liability Insurance for the period of theatre hire. This will cover any loss or damage to our property caused by the hirer. We recommend that you discuss and take advice on this matter from your insurance broker/provider.
All theatre hire and programming enquiries for the Maidment Theatre and Musgrove Studio should be directed to the Business Manager.
The Maidment Theatre is the sole ticketing agent for all events in the Maidment Theatre and Musgrove Studio. We can also ticket events off-site (for example the Outdoor Summer Shakespeare).
Tickets are sold online, over the phone or direct from our box office.
We provide skilled ticketing staff that advise the public on best available seating and provide information about your production. Tickets are posted if time allows otherwise they can be collected from our box office.
For all ticketing enquiries please contact our Ticketing Co-ordinator.
We have skilled theatre technicians who can advise and assist you. They offer a range of services including:
- Installation and/or operation of lighting, sound, AV or specialised equipment
- Stage management
- Audio recordings of your event
- Set up of wireless internet access for production crews
- Assisting with show pack ins/pack outs
- Sourcing specialised technical equipment and/or additional technical staff
- Stage dressing and set up (eg plants, lectern/mic, Powerpoint presentations)
For all technical enquiries please contact our Technical Manager.
We provide a Front of House Manager and any required ushers during your performances. The front of house team:
- co-ordinate the start of all performances
- ensure patrons with special access requirements are seated safely
- manages latecomers
- are the first point of contact in an emergency
- liaises with the bar and looks after any catering requirements
- co-ordinate the placement of client marketing material in and around the building
- are responsible for the audience and client needs while they are in the theatre
We can provide additional staff or you can provide your own volunteers/crew to sell programmes and/or merchandise.
For all front of house enquiries please contact our Front of House Manager.